*Voor het Nederlandse recept, selecteer ‘Nederlands’ in de rechter bovenhoek/ drop-down menu
Breakfast, it’s the one thing I always look forward to when I go to bed. Thinking about what I can be eating in the morning always gets me excited! Even more when I get to prepare my breakfast the evening before and start fantasizing about topping it like I can with this chia pudding!
Chia pudding is a great source of fiber when you’re following the FODMAP diet. 100 grams of chia seeds contain 34,4 grams of fiber. This recipe uses 3 tbsp of chia seeds, which equals about 30 grams of chia seeds. This will give you about 10 grams of fiber per serving! Since 25 grams of fiber a day is recommended, it will kick start your day!
The chia pudding can be made with either lactose-free or plant-based milk if you follow the FODMAP diet. If you don’t follow any specific diet, you can make the pudding with any milk of your liking.
Just combine the milk with the chia seeds and mix thoroughly, the pudding will start to form over time. Chia seeds create a jelly substance once they come into contact with water. This process takes a few hours, so make sure to prepare the chia seed and milk mixture well before you want to consume it.
The topping of the chia pudding is the main tasty feature since the pudding itself does not have too much taste. So make sure to top it abundantly, to make it delicious!
Have you made the chia pudding yet? What kind of toppings do you use? Let me know in a comment!
Recipe by Positive Gut - positivegut.com
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 200 ml milk plant based (almond, quinoa, rice, hemp, coconut) or lactose free for low FODMAP
Toppings, anything you like basically. But think of low FODMAP options like:
- 30 g walnuts
- 40 g blueberries
- 25 g grapes
- 1 kiwi bigger portions are also low FODMAP
- 1 orange
- 50 g pineapple bigger portions are also low FODMAP
- 60 g raspberries
- 65 g strawberries
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 12 g almonds
- 40 g macadamia
- 40 g brazil nuts
- 20 g pecan nuts
- strawberry jam
- maple syrup
- Mix the 200 ml milk with the 3 tbsp chia seeds and mix thoroughly. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes mix again. Cover the cup and put it in the fridge for at least 3 hours, but you can also prepare it in the evening, to eat the next morning.
- After 3 hours the pudding is done! Top it with your favorite topping, and enjoy!